We are looking forward to hearing your Ice Breaker Speech (#1 in the Competent Communicator Manual). Again, welcome to the
San Mateo Toastmasters. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your Mentor, any Officer or any Member.
- Your Application will be processed by the Treasurer. You can expect to receive a mailing of several Manuals from
Toastmasters International in about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Induction. You will be Inducted into Toastmasters and Club 191. See Induction Ceremony.
Before being Inducted you must have submitted:
- an Application for Membership
- Paid your Membership Fees
- Have a Mentor (unless you decline having a Mentor). If you can't find a Mentor, contact the Vice President
Membership who will help you find a Mentor. Your Mentor will guide you during your first few weeks with Toastmasters.
- Ice Breaker Speech. Prepare to give your Ice Breaker (the first of the 10 speeches leading to the Competent Communicator
Award). Try to give this during your first Month of Membership. Click here for info about
- Ground Rules are located in the New Member menu. This document gives basic information on certain rules and policies that 191 members have used for many years. It should
help you understand meeting activities.
- The Resources menu contains a wealth of information that will help you become acquainted with Toastmasters and Club 191.
- Weekly Schedules are available in the Calendar menu. These schedules are updated frequently.
- A Roster of Members is available on the Web Site. Ask the VP Membership or other Officer for info on how to see the Roster.
We ask you to keep Roster confidential, not for commercial use.